Founder & Principal Lawyer
Our founder and principal lawyer, Marianne, has been described as a “down to earth lawyer”, an oxymoron if you ask us. Marianne’s experience at large law firms right through to a boutique firm has exposed her to a wide range of clients in various industries - including food and hospitality, fitness, retail, entertainment, pharmacy and real estate.
Marianne is genuinely passionate about giving her clients easy to understand and tailored advice. Recently, she has assisted clients with:
- Establishment of new franchise systems, including drafting key franchise documentation
- Issuing franchise documents to franchisees and ensuring compliance with the Franchising Code of Conduct
- Review of franchise documents for franchisees
- Advising both franchisors and franchisees in relation to disputes, including drafting breach notices, dispute notices, negotiations and exit strategy advice
- Competition and Consumer Law compliance
- Startup advice
- Business structuring and restructuring advice
- Sale and purchase of businesses and shares
- Advising on the Personal Property and Securities Act
- Intellectual property advice including registration of trade marks
- Lease reviews
Marianne is the Co-Chair of the Franchise Council of Australia’s Women in Franchising committee and has been featured in leading business and franchising publications, including Forge, Business Franchise Australia, Inside Franchise Business and CGB’s 2016 Franchise Guide. In 2017, Marianne was shortlisted for two categories in the Lawyers Weekly Women in Law Awards for Sole Practitioner and Executive of the Year.
Marianne enjoys CrossFit and can often be spotted walking her dog in Abbotsford or shamelessly Instagramming her food at one of Melbourne’s many trendy restaurants.