Frankie's Website T & C's
- Legalite Pty Ltd as trustee for the Legalite Trust (ABN 78 680 576 296) (we, us or Legalite) operates an online platform where Users can use online chat bots ("Frankie") to generate legal documents as a result of information inputted by the User ("Documents").
By accessing, viewing or using Frankie, you agree to comply with these terms and conditions ("Terms").
Any reference to you or the User is any person who accesses, views or uses Frankie.
Nature of Information
Frankie is intended to provide general legal information, guidance and assistance to Users. Frankie does not constitute legal advice or legal services and is not a substitute for obtaining your own legal or other advice. Frankie does not create a lawyer-client relationship with us.
You acknowledge that Documents and information provided to you while using Frankie is not prepared or reviewed by any human person at any stage of the generation process. We highly recommend that you obtain advice from a lawyer about:
- the content and nature of the Documents;
- whether the Documents are appropriate and suitable for your personal circumstances;
- the most appropriate legal document suitable for your specific circumstances; and
- the consequences that could arise from the enforcement or application of the Documents.
Use of Frankie
You must be at least 18 years of age to access and use Frankie.
When you have provided all required information to Frankie and your payment is processed, you will receive the Documents via email as soon as practical. We will not be responsible for any claim, loss, damage or other liability you may suffer, either directly or indirectly, if you are unable to access the Documents for any reason, like where you have provided an incorrect email address or cannot access your email mailbox.
We will do our best to send the Documents to your email within the time frame promised, but we cannot guarantee this and no compensation or refund is available if we are unable to do so.
When using Frankie, you agree:
- to pay the fees charged by Legalite for the Documents;
- that all information you provide to Frankie is true, accurate and complete;
- the Documents and information provided by Frankie is relied upon and used at your own risk;
- to accept full responsibility for determining the completeness, appropriateness and accuracy of any Document generated using Frankie and for obtaining appropriate legal or financial advice regarding the Document;
- to use Frankie and the Documents only for their intended purpose and not for any illegal, fraudulent or improper purpose;
- you have not relied upon any statement, representation or warranty by Legalite about:
- the results or outcome of using Frankie or the Documents; and
- the accuracy, correctness or reliability of any information obtained through Frankie and the Documents.
We like to make sure our Documents are error-free. But mistakes happen, and you should be aware that Frankie and the Documents may contain errors and we will not be responsible for any claim, loss, damage or other liability you may suffer, either directly or indirectly, as a result.
You acknowledge that your use of Frankie and access to the Documents may be subject to technical limitations, such as network coverage and third-party service availability, and we will not be liable to you as a result of any of those limitations.
We may occasionally suspend access to Frankie without telling you, including in circumstances where there is a technical failure, updates or other maintenance requirements. We may do this at our discretion and without any liability to you.
Fees and payment
Legalite’s fees for the Documents are published on our website at DYI legal kits. We may update these fees at any time without telling you.
Your payment for the Documents will be facilitated via the third-party payment gateway ‘Stripe’ or other payment gateway we may use from time to time.
- you will be immediately liable to pay for the Documents when they are generated by Frankie;
- payment for Documents is processed immediately;
you have complete authority to use the credit card information to facilitate the payment transaction;
- in addition to our fees for the Documents, you may be charged merchant or other processing fees by the payment gateway provider;
- your payment may be rejected or refused in circumstances where:
- the credit or debit card holder did not authorise the transaction;
- the transaction is considered fraudulent or suspicious; or
- the transaction requires authorisation by the credit card provider.
Our fees are expressed as GST exclusive. You must pay GST on top of the fees for the Documents.
The Documents will be deemed used once you receive them from us and no refund will be provided in circumstances where you are dissatisfied with the Documents.
Subject to clause 4(b), Legalite will not provide any refund of fees or exchanges including but not limited to circumstances where:
- the Documents contain an error, omission or mistake as a result of you providing information that is incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information while using Frankie;
you have modified or altered Document wholly or in part;
you have made an incorrect selection on the type of Document you require; or
- you no longer require the Documents.
- Despite clause 4(b), if there is an error or flaw in the Document caused by the faulty operation of Frankie.
Legalite can choose to either:
- provide you with a replacement Document or correct the Document within a reasonable time at its own expense; or
- refund you the fees paid for the Documents.
Any refund and exchange offered by Legalite does not create any further rights or obligations between the parties and any liability of Legalite is limited to the extent set out in these Terms.
Third party sites and services
We use third party service providers to operate Frankie and generate the Documents. As a result, those providers may collect, use and disclose your information, including personal information, so that you may use Frankie.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we make no warranties, representations or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or fitness for any purpose of Frankie and the Documents.
To the extent permitted by law, we accept no responsibility and exclude all liability to you on any basis for any claims, actions, damages, suits, liabilities, obligations, costs, fees, charges, and any other expenses arising out of or in connection with your use of Frankie and the Documents. Where such liability cannot be excluded, we limit our liability to resupply of the relevant services or information.
We own or have the rights to use:
- all copyright in Frankie, the Documents and their contents;
- all intellectual property, including patent or design rights, in Frankie;
- any trade names or trade marks (registered and unregistered) associated with Frankie; and
all patent rights, design rights, logos, domain names or any other intellectual property rights subsisting in or created during the development of Frankie and the Documents, together, the ('Intellectual Property').
You must not:
- copy, reproduce, replicate, publish, adapt, reverse engineer or imitate any part of the Intellectual Property;
cause any of the Intellectual Property to be prejudicially affected or contested;
- register or seek to register any of the Intellectual Property.
We may change these Terms at any time, without telling you. You will be bound by these Terms, including any variations, whenever Frankie is accessed.
Any failure by Legalite in exercising a right under these Terms does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
If any part of any of these Terms is void, then the part that is void may be severed.
These Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. You submit to the exclusive jurisdiction to the courts of Victoria, Australia.